June 2021 Manly ClinicMonday 28 June to Wednesday 30 June, 2021 boys and girls aged 5-16.
Date time and venue
- Monday 28 to Wednesday 30 June, 2021
- 9am to 1pm or
- 9am to 3pm daily
- The Clinic concludes at 3pm on Wednesday.
- AT Weldon Oval, Stirgess Avenue, Curl
David Ford, M. Sports Management, B.Ed., Dip.Teach
David brings a wealth of experience and expertise to cricket. He has both played and coached first grade cricket in Sydney and overseas, including roles as Head Coach of clubs in the UK and Ireland. David attends every clinic, actively supporting the players and other coaches.
- Level 3 Coach – Cricket Australia
- NSW Cricket Coaching Panel
- Former Sydney 1st Grade cricketer and coach
- Former Cricket NSW Development Officer – 10 years experience
- Current local High School Teacher – 17 years experience
- Currently coaches numerous players who are involved in emerging Blues squads. Former students from the clinics, such as Tim Cruikshank, Jackson Bird and Steve Colley, Ollie Davies and Stella Campbell have risen to NSW or Australian representative level.
James Scholtens, B.Ed.
- Level 3 Coach – Cricket Australia
- Current local PDHPE teacher
- Current High School Cricket Master
- MWJCC representative
Your young cricketers benefit from the knowledge and experience of our talented coaches. They:
- receive coaching in batting, bowling, fielding & wicket keeping
- participate in skill drills and modified games
- receive a written report on their progress at the
- completion of the clinic (for those attending the full clinic).
- enjoy “Super Eights” games on the final day
With a coaching ratio averaging one coach to every ten children, no one gets to sit around! All coaches are well-qualified, experienced, good educators and skilled cricketers.
Each Clinic is an active, full participation event. Your child will be rewarded with new skills, new friendships and a terrific fun time under the watchful eye of experienced, caring coaches.
In recognition of their participation, each child attending a full clinic receives a Manly-Warringah Cricket Coaching report and certificate. Further awards, like cricket bats and other equipment, are made at the conclusion of the clinic for sportsmanship, enthusiastic participation and improvement.
Equipment and food
Participants are encouraged to bring their own equipment. However, bats, pads, gloves and protective equipment are provided. Helmets must be worn when batting against a hard ball.
Soft drinks and bottled water are available for purchase at $2 each. Food is not available so make sure you send along enough to keep a busy child going to the end!
Enrolments and payment
You can now enrol and pay online with our new booking system. Click on the Book Now button and use your credit card to pay.
- 9am to 3pm $230 per clinic OR
- 9am to 1pm $210 per clinic
- 9am to 1pm $75
- 9am to 3pm $85
10% discount for siblings
In the event of wet weather, the clinic will run at a venue which will be confirmed closer to the date. An email will be sent on the morning of a wet weather decision and A representative of the clinic will be at the Weldon Oval gate each morning to direct you to the wet weather venue.
In extreme weather conditions and the unlikely event that we are unable to secure a suitable wet weather venue, MWCCS may cancel the clinic. If this occurs, a refund will be given for each of the days cancelled.
If the clinic has to be cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions a full refund minus a $4.50 booking fee will be made.
For more information and handy tips for parents click here.